Field of Wild Flowers

Field of Wild Flowers
I was told of this field. The flowers were drying up by the time I got there. Thy were plentiful but much smaller than last years flowers. Drought?

Monday, February 8, 2010

It has been an eventful couple of days

Well Grandpa and Grandma are enjoying Cameron Eugene Graves. He came sliding in on Feb 6, at 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long. According to Mindy it wasn't a bad labor. Couldn't prove it by Grandpa though, but I heard everyone but Mindy. The hotpital was great and the staff were great. Nice facilities. One nurse keep me occupied while things were starting to progress. Grandpa got to hold him for an hour or so yesterday. He is awesome!
Linda and I are learning the leander area a little bit. We have figured out how to get around the area. I am back into my uturn mode of travel. Woops and flip around. Some of my older friends will recognize that style of travel. I used to be great at it.
I started doing some computer update work on my own computer. Some remember I purchased a new notebook after my job went away. It was going to be use to do some contract work, that didn't work out so I have a new notebook. One negative was that the harddrive was only 5400 rpm. I found a new drive the same size that runs at 7200 rpm which provides better performance. One big problem, I am running Win 7. I installed my disk cloaning software and it crashed Win 7. We had to do a recovery to return to life. I contacted the software vendor and they gave me a link to download a new version for win 7. It worked great. However my hardware has a timeout and idle out setup. The cloan operation started and it was running along and all of a sudden things stoped. I pressed the shift key and it all continued but without video. this went on for a couple of days as we were out to the hosital with all that grandson stuff above.
This the morning Cameron was born the process stopped just after continuing. I pressed Enter and the sytem shut down. I restarted it and it said that Apricom had completed. At this point we shut down and headed to the hospital for the arrival of our grandson. Anyway the next day I was feeling gutsy so I removed the old hard drive and put in the new one. I pressed power and it started to my surprise the Win 7 logo popped up rather quickly. What a surprise! Anyway I have a full back of my notebook stashed away in the form of a hard drive. I LIKE IT!
Well we will start our day of rain soon and expect to go to the hospital and make the move back to Leander with Cameron and his mom and dad as they start this new chapter of their lives. (and ours) :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Cameron picked a great day to be born. He shares his day with our oldest granddaughter Reagan, who turned 12 this year, and with the late great Ronald Reagan. Our Reagan was not named for the President, her name was already chosen before we knew that it was also Ronald Reagan's birthday.
    Enjoy Cameron while you can. He will literaaly grow before your eyes. They change so quickly, too fast.
    Looking forward to seeing y'all sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete