Field of Wild Flowers

Field of Wild Flowers
I was told of this field. The flowers were drying up by the time I got there. Thy were plentiful but much smaller than last years flowers. Drought?

Monday, January 25, 2010

So Where What WHY!

Sorry for the delay with the blog. I tried to us my iphone to update it but that failed. Go figure.
We Stopped in LA and spent the night with Richard and Jane Graves, Mike's parents. It was great getting to see and spend time with them again. We had a nice dinner at Marie Calendars(SP?) We connected the Ford back to the RV on Saturday morning and were on the road for Phoenix. We were rolling right along for many miles. No issues. it was a pleasent drive as thee was no rain! We got within 35 miles of our destination and I looked at the monitor for the rear camera and something was funny, I saw smoke coming out from under the hood of the Escape.
So the blogs seemed to be somewhat correct that I had read. Anyway we had just pulled off the road and validated the Escape was broken. I was trying to determine just where I was when our friend Pam called to see where we were. After trying to explain where we were, she and Carl were only a few miles down the road from where we were, so they were there quickly. I called AAA and got them rolling to tow the car to a dealer. We found out today that a new transmission has to be put in and it is being shipped from Tennessee, with a 3-4 day delivery. They say they can get it in right away as they are in their off season. So hopefully we will be able to get on the road by Friday. If not Friday, then we are looking at Monday. I understand I am getting introduced to the world of RV'ing.
Our friends Carl and Pam have a lot in "Surprise, AZ" and so far we have been able to have our RV parked next to them. We have power and will hook up water. So we are doing well.
Now the bad part. Our reason for stopping is to see Brian and Christie, Pam's son and daughter-in-law. They just had a baby Sadie Mae. This was to be a happy time but complications Sadie's arrival and she is not expected to make it. She will probably go home tomorrow and they will be working with hospice. This is so tragic. She is a beautiful baby girl. People across the nation have been praying for Sadie. God is in control and we have placed her in His hands. Please keep the prayers coming. We do have a god of miracles!
Well that is why we have been off the air for a couple of days.
I jost spoke with my friend Collin and our Town and Country is still in CA. They never picked it up. What is one to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment