Field of Wild Flowers

Field of Wild Flowers
I was told of this field. The flowers were drying up by the time I got there. Thy were plentiful but much smaller than last years flowers. Drought?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rain rAin raIn raiN RAINNNNNNNNNNN & WIND

So, I spent an hour out in the rain with 60 mph wind gust dumping the holding tanks of the rv. Trying to disconnect everything and get the RV ready to move to the RV dalership to fix a couple of minor problems. That was really fun!
Then we hit the road with Linda following me in our Ford Escape. It was all I could do to keep the Motor home in between the lines. Wind would hit and I had to really work on keeping it between the lines. Kind of like the old times at Disney Land. It was an E ticket ride.
We signed up for a hotel room but could not check in until after 3pm so we took Lizzie over to get another grooming so she will look really nice for the trip. She looks great. Linda got a hair cut and we went by the old house to see how the wetlands was doing after all the rain. I guess it is working well as it is basically at the highest I have seen it.
We are finally in the hotel room and ready to relax prior to our hitting the road. Rain and wind is not supposed to be so bad tomorrow.
LA however is getting slammed today. The Grapevine is closed due to snow. Guess where I have to drive through tomorrow? You got it. Grapevine. So let's hope the roads get cleared and by tomorrow afternoon/evening we can get over the Grapevine as we enter LA. Then there is all the rain and flooding that is happening there. Wow. Maybe CA doesn't want us to leave!
So goes our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment