Field of Wild Flowers

Field of Wild Flowers
I was told of this field. The flowers were drying up by the time I got there. Thy were plentiful but much smaller than last years flowers. Drought?

Monday, July 26, 2010

Yep, it is a habit. Long time between posts

Finally got my notebook out and blew off the dust. Did a bunch of updates and now I can post. We have been busy. We took the Ford out for a long tow. After getting back the Escape we drove a tank or two of gas out of it and it was working fine. Ford Motor Company called in reguards to the note I sent them concerning the car having it's third tranny put in and it being out of service for over 3 weeks. They checked with the dealer and the transmission installed had the proper build date and it should be towable. Well we gave it a try. 1600 miles worth of try. We went to Florida. We had a good trip. For one thing at no time during our trip did you find us along side the road waiting for a tow truck. A very positive direction for us, given our history of traveling lately. We went to Jacksonville Florida and visited with Doug and Dana Cody. It was great getting to see them and their new home. The community was beautiful and the homes back up to a golf course. We spent the night with them and then in the morning a snag entered the picture. I had taken the whole drive way as we had to disconnect the Escape so the rv and Ford could park in the driveway. I backed the Escape out of the drive and parked it a couple of houses down in preparation for connecting it to the RV. I started backing out of the drive and was not watching close enough evidently. I heard a noise in my rear view camera and hit the breakes. I was moving ever so slowly and hit the breaks. Just as I did that the front tire dropped off the curb which rocked the rv. The neighbors mail box was just above the back bumper and the rocking of the rv ripped the box off the pole. As it turns out the bumper got scratched. Even though the mail box ripped off the pole, it did not even scratch it as best I could see. I think the mail box won.
We headed on south to Arcadia Florida where my mom and dad live. We got to spend 3 days with them which was great. Our trip to Florida had been so delayed they were happy to see us even if it was just a few days. Oh yea, did I mention just prior to leaving for Florida we got a call from the Real estate company and our closing was moved up a week. So the trip was a quick one. We left Arcadia on Sunday afternoon and headed to Belleview Florida to visit Linda's dad and a friend of mine I used to work with at Intel in Folsom, Mark. We stayed in a nice rv park just off Hwy 75. We had a good visit with all. We had spent our mornings trying to get things done for the closing like inspections, appraisals, insurance, electric companies, city of Bristol. Minor stuff like that and took the rv to a dealer to check out a message we were seeing on the dash.
On Wed we had breakfast with Linda's dad and step mom and then headed up the highway. We needed to be in Bristol for our closing on Friday morning. We drove with little interruption and make good time. As the day pushed on it looked to me like we could make it to North Carolina by night fall. We did make it there. I decided to pull over and spend the evening in a rest area. We pulled along side some trucks and proceeded to take a nap. I was restless and decided to see how much further we would have to go to get to Bristol. To my surprise we were 120 miles away. I could have driven on in without stopping. I didn't have any place to stay so it was just as well we stopped. We got up and headed on in to Bristol. We got to town about 6am and had some breakfast at Mickey D's and then found a Wallmart parking lot to rest in until the camp grounds opened. So we had all day Thursday to take care of any last minute details.
I decided to stop by the power company. They didn't get any of the stuff I had sent them on email. Their application and my identification forms. It cost me 6 dollars to get the stuff scanned so I could sent it. Good thing I stopped. Filled out the forms and got all that stuff setup.
City of Bristol would not let me submit an application through the mail and they wanted proof of ownership. So I had to wait for closing. Well Friday arrived and closing took place so we are the proud owners of a home in Bristol. No furniture yet but it won't be long. Time to open the pod and see what we were doing back in December. Kind of like a short time capsule. Now we will see what I saved and what didn't make it. I could be in real trouble. It was a stressful time and I am sure mistakes were made. I just hope no big ones!
We have spent two nights in the house and have a bed and table and chairs. That is about it. I evidently bumped the power button on the refrigerator in the rv and it was off so we lost our freezer stuff. We have the pod arriving tomorrow afternoon so we can start unloading. Maybe we will be in a place that looks like home soon. At least on the inside.
We have been attending church at the church where Ken and Carmine are. It is great seeing them. Linda is going to play the piano Sunday. She got a warm up in Florida as she played for my parents church. During the summer they don't have a piano player. So maybe we are starting to settle in a little.
Lizzie had a nice romp in the church's yard with Teddy, Ken and Carmine's dog. It was fun to watch. I spent the day building the table and chairs and watering the yard. It has been un-seasonably hot here and humid. It is like their August weather. Tonight after watering the yard we had a small thunder storm go through. NO I didn't watch the weather. I don't have a tv yet.
So there you have it. The Ford traveled 1600 miles and the tranny is still working. I didn't smell any burnt fluid. Something else smelled but not the tranny. I need to check the fluid to make sure it is still red and clean. It has been resting the past couple of days as we drove the van.
So that has been our days. I am ready to crash after another long day, like 8 am to 9:30 pm. Retirement?

No comments:

Post a Comment