Field of Wild Flowers

Field of Wild Flowers
I was told of this field. The flowers were drying up by the time I got there. Thy were plentiful but much smaller than last years flowers. Drought?

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yes, I know, it has been awhile... AGAIN

I did not drop off the face of the earth and abandon the blog. Well, I guess I did abandon the blog but it was because we have been so busy. Everything still takes huge amounts of effort. I think I blogged about my experience with Sony blue ray dvd players that I bought and would not work with my LG tv I had purchased. Well, after buying a third and different brand blue ray player I found the same problem. So we tried power conditioning, and the ups burnt up but before it did it did not solve the problem. I took back the LG and got another deciding that it was a bad tv. The next one failed as well. So I now have a Visio tv and it is working fine. So the nice Sony blueray player that I liked was not bad at all. I now have a Samsung player that I don't like as well as the Sony but it is working and so goes the saga of a 1000 miles of running to get just a TV working off an antenna working. See what I mean?

Then our bedroom suite I ordered did not go through. It seems the manufacturer stopped making that model and did not pull it from the books, so we had to cancel our order for that. So no bedroom yet. We did however get the mattress and foundation so we now have a bed.
The Washer, Dryer, and refrigerator are due to arrive in another week so we hope to be done with the laundrymat. Time will tell if this becomes the next debacale.

We just completed a week of taking care of Cameron. He is a lot of work, but worth every bit of it. I spend most of my day with that little guy. He and grandpa and grandma are really busy. If he isn't eating or sleeping, he has developed the ability to really focus in on things. It is fun just figuring out what has his attention. The tv gets his attention when it gets busy. He likes the weather, I think. Cam and grandpa work out a lot. we stand and do belly time together. We do air belly time where I hold him above me in the air so grandpa also gets a workout. I better keep up with the workout though as my weights seem to be getting heaver as we go. What a natural.
Cam's mom reports he sleept most all night on Thurs and Fri. So that is a great thing. Mom can get a little more rest before having to head off to work. He is such a happy boy, grandma gets the good job of feeding him, and holding him while he sleeps sometimes. Other times I have found he likes grandpa's Lazyboy chair. Put him between two pillows and rock him to sleep. He does well with this as I don't have to move him so he sleeps a little more solid. Week two starts soon. Stay tuned.

I spoke with our friends Doug and Dana, who are moving from CA to FL. they have a house they have purchased there. They were in Phoenix yesterday which means they will be with us this afternoon. We are looking forward to spending the evening with them. I told them we have an air mattress on the floor from the rv as a bed and they were welcome to use it. So we are having our first overnight house guest in our new home. Awesome.

Also today we are going to have some first and some long time coming experiences. We are having mothers day lunch with Mindy and Mike. First time in quite a while that Linda and Mindy are together for this day and the first is Mindy's first mothers day.

So I think that kind of gets us up to date on the tale of Ed and Linda's adventure into retirement.
Sorry for the long delay. I will try to remember to take care of this a bit more frequently than recent past. I did have and excuse though as I lost contact with the internet for a bit. My sprint link didn't work for some reason and I was thinking the link. Turns out an update took me out. go figure!

Happy mothers day to you all, or is it y'all?

No comments:

Post a Comment